Thursday, August 1, 2013

Post-finals Feast

After taking my finals for my classes, I enjoyed a beautiful dinner in Piazza Navona with my classmates and friends, indulging in the smells and sights of one of my favorite areas in Rome.  With Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers just around the corner, surrounded by some of the best neighborhood artists, the atmosphere feels both historic and alive at the same time.  This notion of living in history is a prevalent aspect of Roman life; the layers of thousands of years pile atop one another, and one gets the privilege of having access to the multitude of these layers and all that they offer.

For dinner, I ate one of my favorite foods that I've had in Rome: pear and ricotta pasta with a savory blend of cheese and carrot sauces.  Alone, the elements of the dish sound strange, but together blend nicely into a mixture of sweet and savory.  I know that I've talked about this pasta in the past; I'm talking about it again because it's that good.

Pear and ricotta pasta

Enjoying a lovely meal with friends

Getting to wind down after a week of caffeine-induced study sessions was a welcome change.  The weather was gorgeous, and we all really enjoyed ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment