Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pear Pasta in Piazza Navona

Last night (6/5), I had one of the best meals I've ever eaten in Piazza Navona, which is a piazza in Rome that is built on the site of a stadium created during the rule of Emperor Domitian in the first century.  It was once used for chariot races, so the piazza is long and oval-shaped.  It now contains the Fountain of the Four Rivers by Bernini, as well as serves as a selling point for local artists.  The restaurant where I ate dinner was called Osteria dell'Anima, and I had their house specialty: gnocchi stuffed with mascarpone wrapped thinly with pear, served over a savory carrot sauce.  For my antipasti, I had artichoke bruschetta. It was ridiculously good.  Afterwards, my friend and I walked down the alleyway to Gelateria del Teatro, where I got lavender and white peach, as well as sage and raspberry gelato.  This was definitely one of my best food days in Italy thus far!

Here's a review of the restaurant in case you're interested from Tripadvisor! http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d696445-r115427663-Osteria_dell_Anima-Rome_Lazio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment